5 Channel DC/DC Converter + VON Slice + Power Good
The ISL98602 represents a high-power, integrated LCD supply IC
targeted at large panel LCD displays. The ISL98602 integrates a
high-power boost converter for AVDD generation, VON and VOFF
charge pump drivers, one synchronous buck regulator, and one
synchronous buck controller for two logic voltages. The VON
slicing circuitry and power good function are also included.
Operating at 1.3MHz, the AVDD boost converter features a 5.5A
boost FET. Feedback is taken from the far side of the delay FET for
improving regulation. The OVP circuit protects output side
The logic synchronous buck converter features two 2.3A FETs
operating at 1.3MHz internal clock. The output voltage is set by
the IC internally or with a feedback resistor. The soft-start circuitry
is also integrated with the buck.
The second logic voltage is generated from a synchronous buck
converter with MOSFET controllers. The overcurrent protection is
also integrated with the buck.
The charge pump of VON and VOFF uses the full switching
frequency and integrates the driver for high current capability.
VON is further processed through an integrated VON slice circuit in
order to reduce flicker.
Alternative fixed voltages at the boost, Buck1, Buck2, VON charge
pump, and VOFF charge pump are available in ISL98602.
• 9.5V to 15.0V Input Supply
• 1.3MHz Switching Frequency
• 5.5A Integrated Boost for Up to 19V AVDD
• VON Charge Pump, Up to 36V and 120mA
• VOFF Charge Pump, Down to -10V and 120mA
• Synchronous Buck1 for 3.3V/2.5V with 2.0A Peak FET
• Synchronous Buck2 Controller Output from 0.9V to 2.0V
• On-board AVDD Delay Switch
• VON Slice Function Integrated
• Power Good Function for TCON Enable
• Automatic Start-Up Sequencing
• UVLO, UVP, OVP, OCP, and OTP Protection
• 40 Ld 6x6 QFN
• Specified for Ambient Operation Over the -40°C to +85°C
• Pb- Free (RoHS Compliant)
• LCD TV